South Carolina Democratic Debate
By: Jeff Clark Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008
I have added the transcript for the South Carolina Democratic debate held on January 21, 2008 to the interactive Transcript Analyzer.
Democrat Debate - Jan 21st, 2008
Here are a few simple patterns that I noticed:
- The first phase of the debate covered the topic of the economy, taxes, and poverty
- After this there was a long fragmented exchange between Clinton and Obama that included many references to Reagan
- Edwards finally jumped in with some substantial segments but this was followed up by another long Clinton-Obama exchange
- This led into a section where Clinton and Edwards attacked or questioned Obama over his pattern of voting 'present'
- Health care was the next major topic and occurred during the middle of the debate
- This was followed by discussion of war and Iraq
- Then a segment devoted partially to poverty, gender, race, and health
- A section near the end was devoted to lobbyists and McCain